Something about this time of year this year...

I had a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. All the hustle and craziness! It was literally while 'Santa was coming' that I started to feel the spirit of Christmas. You know that Amy Grant Christmas song? "I need a silent night, a holy night...to hear an angels voice, from the chaos and the noise...a little peace right here..." Does this happen a lot as you grow as a family? It wasn't until Marshall & I were a lone wrapping gifts, in peace last night, when my hunni pulled me close and gave me a hug and whisper he loved me. I felt warm and finally like, "Okay, it's Christmas!" (AND it's too late to rush now, so there is nothing but - relaxing - to do! haha) We played Christmas songs, watched a little Christmas Vacation, while we finished up getting ready for Santa and it finally sunk in! I am so glad it happened, for some reason, this year was unlike any other! So weird, but so glad it came back!!!

We had a fantastic Christmas and it gave me a lot of inspiration on what I want to change and improve on, for the kids' sake, for next years Christmas. Oh, and note to self, even on Christmas, Rylie NEEDS a NAP! ;) Lots of love, from us crazy Mortensens! Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts