Christmas Vacation Day 4

We had a nice day and saw a movie, Chipmunks the Squeakwal today.  It was nice to take the kids out as a family and be together.  Although, I wasn't too impressed with the movie.  Especially knowing that New Moon was next door...haha!  But the kids loved it.  A little too slow for Rylie's age.  But Caleb and Zach really liked it.  

I made a delicious mousey, raspberry chocolate torte today!  My first, and when you give me a new project to do, I tend to go crazy with it - I get a little carried away in the image, more than the taste.  But this one was both!  Lovely for the eyes and the tummy!  YUM!  I got it off the back of the Winter recipe on the Nilla Wafers box.  "Try it, you'll like it!" (what movie? lol)





Zachy lost another tooth!  That makes number 7!  It was another one by the two he already lost...he is looking like a grampa with no teeth in the front.  My little 'grampy'.  

Marshall is working tonight and I find myself weighted down with all the "coulda, shoulda, woulda's" with my kids tonight.  (examples:  could have not yelled as much, should have sat down and did the puzzle Zachy wanted me to do with him, would have spent more time loving them and not disciplining them...) Dontcha just wish you could rewind those nights?  Seems like most of our prayers as we kneel down as a family at night are, please forgive us and help us to do better tomorrow...Here's a special prayer for tomorrow! ;)  There's gotta be more people out there who feel that way?!  Otherwise, I need medication!  lol  ;) .. .  To hold me over until the "magically happy and wonderful mommy meds" arrive, I gotta go find my scriptures!  Meanwhile here is a hug I am sending out to all you moms going into bedtime feeling a little loaded down by the choices you made today like me...Lot's of love...! ... Mylinda:)

Comments

Heather Momma said…
Loved this post. I needed a mommy hug. Matt was working tonight and I felt the same way by the end of the night. Just found your blog again. I've been off the grid and havn't updated mine and don't know if I will. Trying to simplify. Just wanted to say hi and see how you were. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
I was wondering where you had been! I hope you don't simplify that! I love reading about your sweet family!
Love,
Mylinda:)

Popular Posts