Day one and two of Homeschool!

Well, I just have to say, PHEW!!! There is a lot to cram in a day! So much to learn and prepare ahead of time! But man, is it worth it! What a fun time we have had doing projects together. Even a surprising part of it, is that I actually still have a little 'me time'! So it is refreshingly...refreshing to know! ;) These pictures are of the boys their first day. That morning they took assesment tests, had an assembly online, got to know their teachers and start their first lessons. All before 2pm in the afternoon. No homework, just blissful happiness!
Then that all ended when Caleb woke up with "new job/school" dreams. Turning into an initiation migrane complete with throwing up and EVERYTHING! All night! Thank Heaven for my husband who gets up faster than me to take care of it all. Although, I don't quite know if it is a race ;) The work set up seems to be doing awesomly with what they need, so that is a plus! I went to my first Learning Coach Orientation yesterday and feel so ready and happy I attended it! I am sure my kids appreciate it too! Today was a long school day, but with time expect it to get shorter as I know my way around these materials better. I am so grateful for my patient kids that just sit and wait while I get my act together. Zach even spent a half hour today just scratching my back as I rummaged through material and clicked my way to the right spot online for him to study. THEN they stayed online and worked until dinner time, they loved it so much and it counted towards their hours! I love my kids. Couldn't do it without my hubby too. He was able to distract Rylie and hold down his normal 8-5 job while I got by ducks in a row with the boys. Wonderful. Happy & excited for all that lies ahead! Tomorrow I get to play with Caleb and his Art project! YAY!!! I get to create!! Looking forward to....WHATEVER! Bring it on!!! ;)

Caleb taking his assesment.

Zach taking his assesment downstairs in my studio.

Comments

Grandpa and Grampa M said…
Thanks for sharing this with us. We were wondering how the first 2 days went. Has Rylie started her kindergarten year yet?



Love, Grandpa and Grandma M

Popular Posts