Rylie got her ears pierced!

So today we went to Layton to meet a customer who ordered a sign from Marshall. We were meeting the mall parking lot. We had Rylie and Zach with us, and I turned to Rylie and said, "So Rylie, you know what that building is?" She didn't know so I said with a smile, "it is the mall". She knew what I was implying, and said, "I don't want to get my ears pierced." So I said, "ok".
See here's the thing. She has been asking, "WHEN can I get my eaws piewced?" For a year...and we have been telling her, "On your 5th birthday, if you still want them, we will go have them pierced." So she kept chickening out, and chickening out. So all of a sudden, we are sitting, waiting to meet up with this customer, and she says, "Mommy, I want to get my eaws piewced." I looked back and said, "Are you sure?" She smiled and said "YES!" So Rylie and I walked into the mall, she was so excited, and as we were walking, I reminded her of all the other times she said she was ready in the past couple weeks, since her birthday, and said, "That won't happen today, RIGHT?" She said, "I promise, I want my eaws piewced!" So here are the grueling pictures! Sigh...I almost chickened out for her, it was like I had my little neice Haelee in my arms all over again when we took her as a baby. This time, it was her choice though, so I was convincing myself it was O-K, the whole way through...what a brave little girl! I almost fainted for her!

gearing up for the upcoming event...her hands were sooooo sweaty!  lol....

Thankfully, they did them both at the same time :)

Oh, that face, if I saw it, would have broken me to say, "OK FORGET IT, I CAN'T!!"

And then...

The aftermath...sigh...the little girl behind us is watching in horror, wondering what we were doing to this little girl!!!

They made me sanitze my hands and cotton swab her ears

She re lived the whole thing again, thinking I was re peircing her ears...bless her heart!!!

distraction and a reward, payed off!

THEN it happened again, in her head!  She started sobbing in aftershock..poor sweety.

But it soon ended when we got to browse all the fun things she might be able to get in a few weeks....how fun!

A success all in all...she was so thrilled to come home and tell all her neighborhood friends what she went through and show off her new little cute pink earrings.  She exclaims, "They're real!"

Comments

Mom said…
Oh. . . .It looks like it hurt. . . . Cute Dolly! Mom
Angela said…
Yay, Rylie, I am so excited to see your cute little ears. How fun this is going to be for you. You were so brave!!!!
See you soon,
Ang*
Chris said…
I was totally laughing as I read and then scrolled down through the pictures started to get teary eyed cause she was SO CUTE!! And then it was so funny to see as she got to pick out some cute earnings and totally seemed to forget that it supposedly "hurt" :) She is so cute and you are such a good mommy Mylinda. I love you so much and it was awesome to come and see you for that short time. Jessica sure wants another nail session is you ever get a chance. Love you linda,

Chris
Miss you Chris and love ya!

Popular Posts