Zachy And The Magic Lamp...

This morning Marshall got up before any of us to head out early for work.  I heard these words to the waking boys as I woke..."Who wrote I love you in permanent marker on the sink down stairs?"  Zach very quietly said, "I did"  I imagined him with his head down as he said this.  He tried to justify the reasons he did so...as I listened, I just prayed for control to be a good mom and not get too mad - but the feeling of "THIS IS REALLY BAD!" got a hold of me.  I kept telling myself, 'right of passage'...it happened, now lets deal with it!!!  (Still containing my inner 'mommy beast temper') Composing myself for a minute before I left my room. 
After the "I love you, just not what you do sometimes.." talk (that we seem to always have with Zach), & after he and Caleb left for school, I started really worrying about how to get it off the faucet to the sink.  So that was the main reason for this post.  To let any parent know how from my experience how to get permanent marker off a sink.   Since it happened last night after his shower, it was not fresh..I read somewhere that alcohol takes it off?  But then I worried about the surface..I just didn't want to ruin the sink after all it was on the spout - what about taking off the finish from the faucet or tarnishing it.  After worrying about it this morning after he left, I goggled a thousand answers to my questions & I finally took a cotton ball and rubbed it like a magic lamp, and it came off!  Can you believe it?!  Talk about wishes coming true!  Hallelujah!  I am so glad it was a smooth surface and not a rough one...I am sure it wouldn't have been fun if that were the case!  

Now moving on to a brighter (and hopefully warmer) day!!  It is turning out to look that way after all!  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts